Friday, August 3, 2007

Queens

Owned by: A punjabi couple
Location: Church Street, Opposite to Three Quarters Chinese
Cuisine: North Indian
Speciality: One of the best Punjabi khana available here
Cost: >250 for 2

Queens is a very plain looking place on church street, which boasts of some of the best known restaurants of Bangalore. But, you go there on a weekday or a weekend, you are bound to stand there in waiting. This is a tesimony enough of the popularity of the restaurant amidst North-Indian-food-loving population.

At all times, you will find owners sitting right there. Uncle taking care of the accounts, while aunty coming back and forth from the kitchen. This ensures that quality is never compromised on. You can always count on great punjabi food...

My Recommendation: If ur office happens to be near MG Road and you are bored of office food daily, Queens is the perfect place to try out some great punjabi food, like Makke di roti and Sarson da saag... Ummm... Slurrp! :)

5 comments:

lallopallo said...

Sounds very delicious. Count me in to visit this place when I visit Bangalore!

Nishit said...

Queens is indeed the place to be when you want to have delicious Punjabi food.

The specialty of Queens is that there is not big banner or board that says QUEENS, but still it's probably the best known place in church street :)

Layon said...

I like this place too....swadist khana at reasonable price ;)

AB said...

as the last word of the post very succintly puts...SLURPPP... :)
the food s awesome...its been more than a yr-and-a-half since i have been there...but Queen's rocks...

Thanks to my jiju n didi, I found this place, and I would like to take the credit of introducing Neha to this restaurant too :) now dont kill me buddy :P

Unknown said...

My workplace being close to Church Street, I often walk down to Queens on lunches. And I suppose that's the only place on Church Street that serves Tawa Roti.